Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fixing "The Silverlight 4 SDK is not installed" error

I need to troubleshoot a build error (will have a different post once I resolve that one), so I created a sample Silverlight application. It built and ran successfully in my machine, although I got the following error when I ran a build. Note that the build server already has Silverlight 4 SDK installed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\Silverlight\v4.0\Microsoft.Silverlight.Common.targets (104): The Silverlight 4 SDK is not installed.

Looking around, they said that "Silverlight projects cannot be built by 64-bit MSBuild."

To resolve this:
1) Edit your Build Definition, and go to the Process tab
2) Expand the "3. Advanced" section and set the "MSBuild Platform" value to "x86"
3) Save the Build Definition.


Changing the MSBuild Platform to x86




















Reference: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/msbuild/thread/20a742a1-b99c-4638-8590-9a9d6a95fb69


Now I can move on to the original build error that I need to work on :)

*joychua97

No comments:

Post a Comment